- Cerumen Management
- Clinical Tools & Supplies
Diagnostic Equipment & Supplies
- ABR & OAE Systems
- Air, Bone & Insert Earphones
- Audiograms & Forms
- Auditory Test Recordings
- Balance Supplies
- Electrodes & Supplies
- Hearing Instrument Test Box
- Infant Screening Supplies
- Recording Paper
- REM Systems & Probe Tubes
- Tympanometers, Printers & Parts
- Tuning Forks
- Misc Parts & Supplies
- VRA & E-CPA
- Fitting Supplies
- Hearing Conservation
- Impression Materials
- Infection Control
- Mobile Audiology
- Office & Educational Items
- Otoscopes & Headlamps
- Resale Accessories
- Assistive Devices
- Assistive Devices
- Electrode Resource
- Find My Portable Equipment
- Find My Audiometer
- Find My Tympanometer
- Find My DPOAE or ABR
- Find My Newborn Hearing Screening Equipment
- Hearing Aid Verification
- Infection Control
- Mobile Audiology
- Practice Tools
Primus Ice Portable PC-Based Two-Channel Audiometer with DD45 Headphones
Product Code: PRIMUSICE
- Portable, PC-based audiometer ideal for diagnostic audiometry on the move
- Auto AC & BC threshold feature
- Workflow feature allows clinics to customize test batteries (e.g. new patient or extended frequency audiometry) according to clinical standards or established guidelines/best practices
- Nudging feature navigates providers through established workflows while offering the provider the flexibility to override nudging prompts when circumstances require deviation from protocols
- Operator monitor with microphone for talk-forward and patient talk back microphone included
- Frequency Range: 125 Hz - 8 kHz
- Output: -10 dB to 120 dB HL
- Stimuli: Pure tone, pulsed purse tone, warble, pulsed warble, narrowband noise, and pulsed narrowband noise with manual or 0.1 - 5 second duration options
- Masking: NBN, speech and white noise
- Speech testing via MLV with operator microphone (included), CD with USB 2.0 connection (not included), or sound library
- Compatible with:
- Noah 4 or higher
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10 and 10 Anniversary update, & 11
- Three year warranty
This Kit Contains:
- Auditdata Audiometry Software Module (x 1)
- Auditdata Primus Bone Conductor - B71 (x 1)
- Auditdata Primus DD45 w. HBA Headband (x 1)
- Auditdata Primus Ice Fitting Unit (x 1)
- Auditdata Primus Microphone (Talk Back) (x 1)
- Auditdata Primus Headset w / Mic. -S (Talk Over) (x 1)
- Primus Ice Audiometer
- DD45 Headphones
- B71 Bone Vibrator
- Patient Response Button
- Patient Microphone (talkback)
- Operator Headset with Microphone
- USB Stick with Software
Primus Ice Set Up
Pure Tone Audiometry
How to open the module, utilize toolbar, operate the audiometer, communicate with patient, settings and configuration
How to perform audiometry
How to perform automated audiometry
How to add/remove frequencies used for automated audiometry
How to edit pure tone audiometry parameters
How to operate the Primus speech audiometer
Speech detection threshold testing
Editing speech audiometry parameters
Uploading speech materials into Primus (stand alone)
Performing SRT in Primus
Performing Quick SIN in Primus
How do I install Primus on my PC?
How do I navigate Primus software?
What is the workflow feature?
The Primus software provides the flexibility for clinics to create workflows to ensure everyone provides the same testing procedure, follows the same processes, and delivers the same quality service. For example, a "new patient" workflow may be implemented to ensure comprehensive test battery is consistently performed on all new patients using the same test battery and parameters. Workflows can also be used for onboarding newly hired providers or students to assist with offering consistent and quality care for every patient. Workflows assist in controlling standard of care, enhancing patient outcomes, improving quality of care, help with compliance, and identify processes that may require improvement.
How do I create/add workflows in Primus?
How do I access and use workflows in Primus?
What is the nudging feature?The nudging feature manifests as a friendly reminder or notification, aimed to help providers adhere to best practices and follow clinical protocols. During testing and fitting, a small notification can be configured to populate, "nudging the provider to take proper action. For example, two common configurable reminders include testing inter-octave frequencies and the need for masking. The functionality is fully configurable by the user or administrator of the system.
How do I remove a workflow from Primus?
How do I upload speech materials into my Primus?
How do I calibrate speech CD material (set VU meter to 0 and save)?
- Select SETTINGS from TOOLS menu
- Select CD and MEDICA FILE FOLDERS from the General Folder
- Click CALIBRATE CD to open the CD CALIBRATION WINDOW
- Adjust the CD Offset to the correct value in dB if the CD contains an offset value
- Select the calibration track on CD and click START CALIBRATION
- During calibration, adjust level using + and - buttons until VU meter is at 0
- Click SAVE and exit
Things to Know Before you Buy
Technical support, calibration, and service is provided and managed through Oaktree Products
Responsive, efficient, and effective support is critical for busy providers to be able to use their equipment without delay. Equipment calibration is required annually. Equipment may need to be serviced over the years. Oaktree Products has made arrangements to coordinate and provide support, calibration and service to allow providers to focus on their clinical practice.
Modular version of the Primus called the Primus Pro offers flexibility to add on capabilities to meet future needs of your clinical practice
The Primus Ice is a two-channel audiometer offering air, bone, and speech audiometry capabilities. If you anticipate expanding your practice to offer extended high frequency audiometry, or needing a new real ear measurement system, consider the Primus Pro. It is a modular version of the Primus Ice, offering the ability to expand capabilities with software add-ons and minimum hardware.
Module Not Licensed Error Message
Your Primus Ice should come packaged with a License Code Certificate. To add it to the Primus System, go the HELP (menu at the top) > LICENSE INFORMATION > ENTER CODE.
If you do not have a License Code Certificate, Contact Oaktree Products at 800.347.1960 or firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Oaktree account number and/or name of practice
- Make & model of Primus System (e.g. Primus Ice, Primus Pro, Primus Pro-HF, Primus Pro-REM, Primus Pro-Combo)
- Serial number of unit
This information is needed for Oaktree to quickly resolve the issue. Oaktree will reissue a license code to you.
Can't perform air conduction under 90 dB or bone conduction under 40 dB
When this occurs, it is likely the provider is using USB power only (for portability). Primus functionality is limited when running on USB only. DC power should be connected - see example below
A red circle with a white x following PFU Pro HW indicates USB power only as follows:
A green checkmark should show on the bottom right when DC is properly connected as follows:
New Calibrated Headset Still Shows Calibration Expired
If your transducer is directly connected to the Primus (without using any intermediary cables), restart the PC. Go to TOOLS and click REFRESH TRANSDUCER DATA. This should resolve the issue.
If your transducer connects to an intermediary cable (i.e. sound booth cable connection), be sure to directly connect newly calibrated transducer to audiometer FIRST for proper calibration activation. Once that is achieved, proceed with connected the transducer to intermediary sound booth cables.
All Primus equipment is calibrated to work on Windows 10/11. It may be necessary to upgrade Primus software to 4.1 or higher. To download the latest version, click this LINK.
How Do I Contact HIMSA for Noah support?
HIMSA does NOT offer phone support. They can only be contacted via email. In the United States, email@example.com. Otherwise, firstname.lastname@example.org,